< Back to Job Board
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Organization: Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Serve as an instructional design expert in the creation of multi-channel (e-learning, ILT, blended, web 2.0, etc) learning solutions for the organization. Will research, analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate course plans for all initiatives, (e.g. customer service/sales training, new hire training, leadership workshops, new product training, systems training, etc). Manages individual training projects (both large and small) and relationships with project team members. Accountable for developing printed and on-line materials and job aids geared towards Adult Learning methodologies for all initiatives and leveraging both formal and informal solutions as part of a continuous learning environment. This role will incorporate sound principles of instructional design and learning principles and methodologies into every intervention ensuring successful acquisition, retention and transfer of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Department / Location: Human Resources / Store Support Center
Reports To: Manager of Learning Solutions
- Utilizes the ADDIE model and internal company instructional design processes and tools to design, develop, deliver and evaluate standard and complex learning deliverables.
- Actively manages SME relationships to achieve deliverable goals.
- Identifies and mitigates project barriers and risks, escalating as appropriate.
- As development progresses, makes recommendations to modify learning solution design as appropriate.
- Participates in deliverable evaluation discussions and contributes to deliverable maintenance plan development.
- Acts as a training administrator of the LMS, including loading and testing courseware and pulling LMS reports.
- Completes weekly status reports and contributes to project status reports.
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives and conducts peer reviews.
- Develops individual work plan to meet deliverable timelines.
- Determines and validates business priority for individual deliverables.
Participates in continuous improvement initiatives, including refinement and standardization of existing processes and tools and best practice identification.
• Bachelor's degree
Level of Experience:
• 3-5 years
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Technical writing, editing, and computer skills with a strong knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- E-learning authoring software
- Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Photoshop, Flash, and/or In-Design a plus
- Learning management system
- Training development software and tools
- Strong analysis, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Self-directed, able to manage own time and tasks, as well as consistently meet deadlines
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Strong interpersonal/client consultation skills
- Ability to collaborate and partner with others to complete a project
- Experience developing online content
- Experience with using Reusable Learning Objects and working with SCORM environment a plus
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, e-learning content development authoring tools, graphics capturing and manipulation software, and simulation capture and development software
Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, e-commerce websites and catalog operations. For more information on Dick’s Sporting Goods please visit our Investor Relations page.
POSTING DATE: 10/2011
< Back to Job Board