< Back to Job Board
Job Title: Instructional Designer and Learning Platform Manager
Department/Division: Leadership & Lifelong Learning
Job Family: Program Content
Level: Manager/Lead Specialist
The American Council on Education (ACE) is seeking an Instructional Designer and Learning Platform Manager to serve as part of a team providing centralized services and support to the Executive Leadership, Emerging Leaders, and Inclusive Excellence Groups.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Instructional Designer and Learning Platform Manager will report directly to the Assistant Vice President for Leadership Programs and will be responsible for working collaboratively as part of a Shared Services team to establish and manage the online learning platform services and sites for all meetings, conferences, and programs conducted within the Leadership area. At present, Blackboard is the main learning platform for leadership programs; however other platforms may be utilized in the future according to program needs. Learning environments may be face-to-face, web-based, hybrid/blended learning, audio or video conference, distance delivery, and webinars. Audiences are various types and levels of administrators of colleges and universities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES OR TASKS:
- Participate as a significant contributor in the design, development, and delivery of leadership programs and curriculum by working consultatively and collaboratively with Leadership Programs staff
- Contribute to strategic discussions about options for Leadership Programs relating to electronic learning environments, including consideration of financial trade-offs. Contribute to grant writing projects that include electronic learning strategies and projects
- Provide project management for timely production of electronic learning structures, including nexus of electronic and printed learning materials
- Help develop, identify, retrieve, adapt, and utilize learning objects for use in electronic and online learning environments; produce or help others produce, and oversee quality of all electronic learning materials
- Foster collaboration between Leadership Program staff and ITS regarding technology support issues, especially concerning server capacity, bandwidth issues, and instructional design requirements. Provide technical support for all leadership programs that operate in electronic/online environments
- Design and hold training workshops for staff to ensure their knowledge level regarding best instructional design for leadership programs
- Provide customer service and technical assistance to program registrants as they navigate the instructional spaces relating to their programs, including the transition between program registration and entry into the learning platform, answering customer questions and inquiries, and trouble-shooting
- Coordinate (in collaboration with Program Registar, Program Managers and staff from the Center for Policy Analysis) the evaluation of leadership programs conducted through the learning platform of each program
- Provide (and stay current in) instructional design principles and best practices to ensure that ACE Leadership Programs are using the best strategies to support their leadership development missions
- Participate on ACE committees relating to how learning platform materials relate to ACE marketing and visibility policies and aspirations
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least eight years of related work experience in instructional design
- Background preferred in fields such as Instructional Design, Instructional Systems, Educational Technology, Distance Learning, or Instructional Technology
- Experience with and mastery of the Blackboard Version 9.1 online learning management system and knowledge of SharePoint, Google collaboration products, etc.
- Advanced working knowledge of HTML, and other programming languages appropriate for creation of learning materials, including graphics design and manipulation, animation, multimedia, and audio and video production to support teaching and learning Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher)
- Knowledge of instructional design principles, best practices for electronic learning, course materials, assessment techniques, and adult learning
- Knowledge of ADA compliance in electronic and distance learning environments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, creative team environment under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Superb customer service and interpersonal communication skills
ACE is the unifying voice of higher education. We are driven to make these beliefs a reality with cutting-edge programs and research, unfaltering advocacy, and passion to excel as an organization. We offer a highly competitive salary and an impressive benefits package, a dynamic working environment with exceptional colleagues. ACE is conveniently located near the Dupont Circle metro in downtown DC.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please go to ACE’s web site www.acenet.edu . (Click on: About ACE; Employment at ACE; Current Job Opportunities; All Posted Jobs or Category of Interest, Click on position of interest – view position. To submit resume and cover letter select appropriate box below. Please submit resume and cover letter as one document.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer /D/V
POSTING DATE: 12/2011
< Back to Job Board