Job Title: Instructional Designer
Organization: University of the Virgin Islands
Position Number: 121320
Department: Office of the Provost
The University of the Virgin Islands is seeking a full-time Instructional Designer to design, develop, manage, and maintain a portfolio of online courses for UVI Online on the Blackboard LMS.
This position is a REMOTE position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design & Technology or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in online course design, development & management in higher education
• Strong project management skills & experience
• Proficient with MS Office suite (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, database, and scripting
• Intermediate skills with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
• Knowledge of Accessibility practices
• Knowledge of user-experience design principles
• A cooperative work style and strong personal initiative
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with SMEs, Lead Faculty, and other stake holders
• Ability to work with tight deadlines, demonstrate attention to detail, and produce high quality work
• Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in compliance with UVI policy
• Advanced degree (Master’s) in Instructional Design & Technology or related field
• Familiarity with Blackboard LMS
• Higher education online teaching experience
• Experience of producing videos
• Familiarity with Kaltura Media (or similar)
Posting Number: S280
Position Type: Full Time
Posted Salary: $45,000- $50,000
Advertised Job Duties
• Work with a subject matter expert (SME) and lead faculty to identify the course outcomes and design online course activities (learning, assessment, engagement) to achieve these outcomes.
• Visualize, design and produce relevant graphics and media elements.
• Use coding and scripting as necessary for course development and maintenance.
• Use best practices for accessibility while designing and developing courses.
• Carry out on-going quality assurance and make updates to course interface and content as necessary.
• Archive courses on a regular schedule.
• Follow project management protocols to plan and implement projects.
• Use and maintain UVI Online’s course template and design style guide to develop courses.
• Ensure adherence to copyright guidelines when incorporating external resources in online courses.
• Manage existing portfolio of online courses, and monitor eBook availability.
• Plan revision cycles based on course age and eBook availability.
• Research and apply best practices in learning technologies and instructional design to the course design & development process.
• Collect feedback from students and faculty on user experience and make the necessary modifications to course template, design style guide, and course set-up.
• Manage the scripting interface for the student and faculty engagement dashboard when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Open Date: 02/24/2022
Close Date: 03/17/2022
Special Instructions to Applicant
Email is the preferred method of communicating with applicants at the University of Virgin Islands. You will be required to supply your email address during the application process. https://apptrkr.com/2916852
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) ACCOMMODATION:
Effective June 2021, all new hires to the University of the Virgin Islands will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Once you accept employment at the University of the Virgin Islands, you must upload your completed vaccination card to the designation site portal.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, anyone who needs an ADA accommodation for the purposes of employment should contact the Human Resources Office at (340)693-1410.
For information about relocating to the US Virgin Islands, please visit the Virgin Islands Moving Center at: www.vimovingcenter.com
Internal or Externally Advertised? External