top of page
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Organization: Arizona State University
Close Date: 30-January-2023
Salary Range: $47,415 - $75,000 per year; DOE
EdPlus at ASU seeks a highly motivated and determined Instructional Designer that loves learning, seeks challenge, and is committed to improvement to join our collaborative and innovative team to work with faculty, subject matter experts and other staff in the design and development of online courses and course materials that apply adult learning theory with instructional design methodology, while utilizing appropriate technology.
This opportunity might be perfect for you if you are passionate about creating engaging and accessible learning experiences for diverse learners and love working with faculty and other subject matter experts to design high quality and inclusive online courses.
If you are energized by collaboration with others in diversified teams, this position offers you the chance to work with faculty, instructional designers, and other learning communities across the wider ASU campus on transformational projects to improve learning at scale.
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural, and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU. http://edplus.asu.edu
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click http://cfo.asu.edu/benefits to explore options.
• Financial Security
• Family Resources
• Tuition Reduction (Eligible ASU Employee, their dependents and spouse.)
EdPlus Instructional Design
• Collaboratively plan, design, develop and revise for-credit online courses and course materials to meet University and department standards.
• Identify and communicate contextual best practices for applying teaching and learning theories to curriculum design.
• Maintain and expand face-to-face and online faculty training, workshop, and seminar offerings.
• Develop training materials including job aids, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials to assist faculty with instructional design principles and the use of online teaching and learning tools.
• Recommend effective and creative use of technologies to enhance instruction and create new learning environments.
• Remain current on and evaluate emerging technologies that have potential value for online teaching and learning.
• Design, develop and implement evaluation procedures to assess the effectiveness of using technology in teaching and learning processes.
• Utilize software such as web page development, desktop publishing, image editing and presentation tools to develop custom products to meet user needs.
• Provide technology support for online teaching and learning products used by faculty, students, and staff.
• Assume or coordinate other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field AND Three (3) years of providing learning/instructional design and/or technology development services. Or, any equivalent combination of experience or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Evidence of a Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or a related area (strongly preferred)
• Experience in designing, developing, implementing, and revising for-credit online courses and course materials in a higher education environment (strongly preferred)
• Experience in applying learning theories to the practice of online course design and development
• Experience in designing, developing, and delivering workshops and training Experience in designing and developing training materials, including job aids, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials
• Experience using multiple learning management systems (Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, edX, Coursera, etc.)
• Experience in project management (managing time, establishing priorities, distributing responsibilities, meeting milestones and deliverables)
• Experience in researching and resolving technology issues
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education, and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
EdPlus at ASU supports flexible work options, ranging from alternate work schedules to hybrid remote work schedules, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability. EdPlus employees are valued, respected, and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in everything we do. We know that our ability to deliver high-quality services and educational experiences is strengthened by the diversity of our employees. Our innovative culture drives outcomes through serving learners, achieving milestones, striving for excellence, solving problems, feeling a sense of urgency, and being bold.EdPlus at ASU
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
How to Apply
To view the full description and to apply, please click this link: https://apptrkr.com/3828759
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
bottom of page