top of page
Job Title: Manager, Learning Technologies (FT), MFRE20248AA
Organization: College of DuPage
Manager, Learning Technologies (FT), MFRE20248AA
The College of DuPage is a comprehensive community college located 27 miles west of downtown Chicago, vitally connected to our local area for over 50 years. We prepare students for a lifelong passion for learning on our 273-acre campus which is home to nine associate degrees and a wide variety of professional and technical certificates. Many of these credentials prepare students to seamlessly articulate into the baccalaureate programs of our higher education partner institutions.
College of DuPage is committed to student success and values an inclusive and welcoming community environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce. Our connection to the larger metropolitan area is essential to our success and provides a wealth of diverse cultural and recreational opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the management, daily operations and supervision of Learning Technologies office. The Manager reports to the Associate Vice President of Assessment and Student Success and is responsible for providing innovative leadership in online education, computer-assisted instruction, and technology-enhanced learning and assessment. This individual will work with faculty and staff across the college to ensure cohesive and effective use of instructional technology for academic purposes.
• Manage the daily operations for all staff and functions in the Learning Technologies Office.
• Manage the implementation of academic, technology-related initiatives, including those related to online/hybrid and web-enhanced education.
• Collaborate with the Information Technology Division to provide leadership in the acquisition, use, training and maintenance of instructional technology equipment, systems, and learning management systems (LMS).
• Lead Learning Technologies staff in the development and implementation of emerging and innovative methods for course delivery and instructional technology.
• Provide faculty and staff with best practices for the development of quality online/hybrid and web-enhanced instruction to promote student success and engagement.
• Coordinate and implement instructional design projects from inception to completion, including the development of both synchronous and asynchronous training programs.
• Collaborate and provide assistance to college personnel in areas related to developing and advancing instructional technology and web-enhanced pedagogies.
• Collaborate with divisions and campus departments, including Adjunct Faculty Support, Faculty Professional Development and the Employee Development Center to identify and provide quality online/hybrid and web-enhanced education opportunities.
• Supervise the Learning Technologies Steering Committee and the Online Quality Committee.
• Develop and implement plans that address ADA compliance and accessibility in online instruction.
• Provide assistance to College non-instructional personnel in areas related to advancing instructional technology and eLearning.
• Manage the budget to support instructional technology and eLearning initiatives to support professional development of faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies.
• Recruit, supervise, and evaluate personnel assigned to the area.
• Participate in local, regional, statewide and national consortia of online and technology-related teaching and learning.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Education, Curriculum/Instruction, Higher Education administration, or a discipline taught at the College of DuPage required.
• 3 to 5 years of experience with technology enhanced learning in an academic setting required.
• Teaching experience employing instructional/learning technologies required.
• Knowledge of management policies and procedures required.
• At least 2 years of supervisory experience required.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
• Broad understanding of higher education best practices, emerging trends in technology, and their likely impact on higher education.
• Standard business application software and learning management systems.
• General working environment, minimum 40 hours per week during daytime hours, some additional evening or weekend hours necessary on as needed basis.
• This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Managerial 7 Salary Range: 76,000.00 - 81,000.00
Competitive starting salaries are dependent on education and experience. College of DuPage also offers a generous benefits plan.
College of DuPage is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4299838
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
bottom of page