Job Title: Instructional Technologist
Organization: Regis University
Northwest Denver Campus
Position Type: Staff
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Requested Start Date for this Position:05/02/2022 - 1 month to go
Campus Location: Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time: Full time
Job Summary: Regis University seeks an instructional technologist to join the Instructional Design and Technology (ID&T) department team. The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative individual with a commitment to attaining the university's mission through integration of the Six Key Jesuit Values in the important work of instructional design, course development, emerging technologies, and use of the University's learning management system.
The instructional technologist (IT) works collaboratively with faculty/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and the ID&T team for course design and development that will enhance student learning. ITs support course development efforts for all course formats, including but not limited to, online, blended or web enhanced. The successful applicant will work in a highly fluid environment performing tasks that may involve web design and development, multimedia development, technical troubleshooting of content, basic graphic design, interactive media simulations, user-centered design, video, and web usability. A high degree of workflow management is required to accommodate deadlines and academic schedules throughout project duration. The ideal candidate is open-minded, professional, and able to communicate clearly, openly, and honestly in a highly collaborative team environment. Listening is also a critical component to effective communication and is expected.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we each have a responsibility to perform our work in alignment with the mission of the University, especially with its Catholic and Jesuit values. All employees are expected to both contribute to and strengthen the university's culture of respect, inclusion and equity for all members of our community.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application and requested documents by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deploys and supports courses and content into the learning management system and trouble-shooting complex technical problems in courses.
• Works with instructional designers, subject matter experts, and course content teams to design, develop and implement learning objects (e.g., video, H5P, images) for online, blended, and ground-based courses.
• Develops custom programming and scripting as part of the development, implementation, and maintenance of learning objects and services for online delivery.
• Evaluates and assesses the effective use of instructional technologies to identify opportunities for inclusion in course content development to improve student engagement.
• Assists with the development and delivery of training for faculty and staff on various technologies.
• Supports the creation and implementation of video within courses and in faculty support materials.
• Responsible for making decisions regarding effective media development and technology integration for academic distance courses and administrative services.
• Other duties as assigned (e.g., university task forces and committees and special projects
• Bachelors' degree or demonstrated work experience in Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Web Design, or related programming for instruction in higher education.
• Master's degree in an applicable field.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in design, development, and production of interactive web objects.
• Experience with information architecture and file management in a Learning Management System, Content Management System, or complex website.
• Experience working in a higher education academic setting.
The following skills, abilities and physical requirements can be performed with or without accommodation.
• Collaborative solution development
• Work with a variety of faculty, programs, to fulfill specific needs.
• Active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
• Basic graphic design skills such as image selection and charts and graphs creation.
• Create support documents for faculty
• Must have proven ability to analyze, scope and manage development projects
• Must be able to apply computer-mediated communication technologies to meet academic and information delivery goals.
• Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Talking to others (e.g., faculty, staff, leadership) to convey information effectively
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Advanced programming skills.
• Ability to create web-based animation.
• Basic video creation, editing, and publication.
• Industry-standard web-design principles
• Proven understanding of user-centered design and web accessibility
• An understanding of online and adult learning principles
• General knowledge of relevant laws and government regulations regarding copyright in education settings and accessibility of learning materials and technologies
• Analyzes, scopes out and manages development projects.
• Communicates information and ideas in writing so others will understand in documents such as emails and how-to guides.
• Negotiates and manages conflict/dispute resolution processes.
• Identifies problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Create and maintains an atmosphere of inclusive excellence that celebrates our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives.
• A strong desire to learn or advance instructional technology skills in higher education.
• Creates web-based animation, graphical acquisition and production, and desktop video editing.
• Works with web-connected databases
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Some local, regional, and/or national travel is required.
Pay Rate: Up to $52,000/year commensurate with qualifications
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2939287.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: "How ought we to live?" Regis University's Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.