top of page
Job Title: Senior Instructional Designer
Organization: University of New Orleans
Senior Instructional Designer
University of New Orleans
The University of New Orleans is a welcoming and inclusive university in one of
America's most diverse and culturally vibrant cities.
• Located on the southern shore of Lake Pontchartrain, only 15 minutes from the French Quarter, the University of New Orleans occupies a 195-acre campus in one of the finest residential areas of the city.
• Ranked Top 50 in the Nation for Social Mobility by U.S. News & World Report.
• The Brookings Institution ranked UNO third in the nation for providing equal access to higher education for students from all income levels.
• For years, UNO has appeared on U.S. News & World Report's least debt list (schools whose graduates have the least amount of debt) among national universities.
UNO Welcomes Job Applicants from Diverse Backgrounds
Founded in 1958, the University of New Orleans was the first integrated university to open in the South. Given its history of educational access for all, UNO is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion - core values that inform all we do.
Our Professional and Continuing Education Operations Division (PaCE) is seeking a skilled a Senior Instructional Designer who is passionate about learning and innovation to drive the design, development, and implementation of learner solutions in multiple modalities. PaCE provides a broad range of learning opportunities that reflect the needs of our businesses and community members. If you are an instructional designer who is both tech-savvy and creative in developing effective, state-of-the-art learning experiences that are sticky and enriching, and centered in learner success and impact, we want to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor to the growth of PaCE. Successful candidates will have the skillset to cultivate new program opportunities leading to creation of revenue-generating educational programs including business, health care, engineering, technology, aerospace manufacturing, entertainment, arts, and tourism. The ideal candidate will be ready to join the team in person.
Job duties include:
• Lead the instructional design process, manage projects from concept development, design ideation, and analysis through implementation as part of multiple cross-functional teams.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop learning plans and content using course learning objectives, materials, SME input, and textbook content.
• Rapidly build functional prototypes that express design intent, using the most appropriate tools for the task.
• Design, storyboard, and develop creative, learner-centered training programs in multiple modalities including synchronous remote learning methodologies, blended classroom learning, and interactive e-learning modules, videos, and engaging exercises, practice, review, and resource materials.
• Support third-party digital developers.
• Develop presentation and training materials for instructional technologies, including FAQs, knowledge-based entries, job aids such as video guides, infographics, step-by-step guides, and facilitator guides.
• Consult with stakeholders on best practices for adult learning, course development, and maintenance of learning solutions.
• Collaborate to develop strategy that ensures growth of PaCE programming alongside mutually beneficial partnerships, leading to attainment of revenue goals.
• Identify how changes in regulatory guidance and industry standards impact course materials.
• Track and report individual project completion.
• Recommend learning technologies, instructional systems, and other resources that advance the student experience, align to curriculum goals, and enhance PaCE performance.
• Optimize integration between student information system, LMS, and other relevant systems.
• Coordinate with Campus Information Technology and Moodle Learning Management System administrators for webcasting and video production as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction, Human Performance Technology or related field, or commensurate competency-based learning experiences.
• Applied knowledge of adult learning theory, multimedia, audio-visual technologies and eLearning development tools.
• Certification or equivalent practical experience with creating online programs in continuing education, adult learning, or related professional environments.
• At least three years of experience developing competency-based, participant-centered learning solutions for a variety of audiences and delivery methods including instructor-led, technology-based delivery, and blended learning.
• At least three years of experience with a variety of multimedia, audio-visual technologies (such as Moodle, Canvas, Zoom, Panopto, etc.), networks, computer hardware and software (such as Adobe Suite, MS Office Suite and related software), eLearning development tools (such as Captivate, Articulate Storyline/Rise, Camtasia, GoAnimate, Office Mix, etc.), and SCORM compliant digital authoring tools (such as Powtoon, Lectora, etc.).
• Experience performing administrative roles in enterprise Learning Management Systems.
• Experience developing instructional materials for highly technical, complex content areas, such as finance, computing, analytics, as well as subjects of general interest.
• Experience leading instructional design projects, ADDIE model preferred.
• Ability to execute projects according to defined deadlines and support multiple projects at a high-quality.
• Continuous learning mindset, strong customer orientation, and learner-outcomes driven approach.
The University of New Orleans is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3250127
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
bottom of page