Job Title: Instructional Designer (Information Technology Consultant, Career) - College of Extended Learning
Organization: San Francisco State University
Instructional Designer (Information Technology Consultant, Career) - College of Extended Learning
Job No: 500099
Work Type: Staff
Location: San Francisco
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
Working Title: Instructional Designer
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing mailto:email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
College of Extended Learning
This is a one-year probationary position.
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Hiring Range
$6,667 to $7,500 per month ($80,004 to $90,000 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, the Instructional Designer will work collaboratively to support faculty members in implementing effective instructional pedagogies and technologies for all learning formats (face-to-face, blended, hybrid, online). This position is responsible for serving as a resource for faculty and instructional staff in the design, development, evaluation and revision of
learning and teaching, and its associated assessment, for the purpose of supporting the success of student learning
Course Design and Development Support
• Provide consultative support for faculty in the optimal design and development of curriculum and instruction across all learning formats guided by Quality Learning & Teaching (QLT) best practices and Universal Design principles, including the creation of accessible course materials as part of the CSU Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI).
• Facilitate the effective implementation of instructional and technological innovation by sharing research findings of best practices.
• Design, develop, and gather learning, teaching, and assessment resources in a variety of formats to support curriculum offerings.
• Devise methods for integrating technical tools and applications into faculty instructional delivery and student projects.
• Develop and investigate courseware and curriculum software tools.
• Collaborate with content experts, other instructional designers, librarians, graphics specialists, instructional librarians, learning management system specialists, CSU resource personnel, and multimedia developers to expand the use of QLT and UDL Universal Design for Learning in course design and development.
Actively engage in research and development to expand College capacity for improving student learning
• Explore, evaluate, and advise on new technology trends and developments, materials, and best practice techniques for their applicability to educational uses in support of student success.
• Engage in professional development to stay abreast of learning theories, pedagogies, and technological developments.
• Participate and present in local, state, regional, and national professional associations, conferences, and committees as appropriate.
• Utilize applied research, interpret data, and recommend procedures and solutions for effective learning and instruction.
• Work closely with campus faculty and related groups on issues of faculty professional development as it relates to learning and teaching technologies to support pedagogies.
• Collaboratively design, develop, and facilitate workshops, intensives, seminars, brown bags, and communities across various formats as related to course design, development, facilitation, and appropriate educational technologies.
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Current teaching experience, preferably at the postsecondary level, or
• A combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities. An example of this would be a degree in Instructional Design, Learning/ Educational Psychology, Educational Technology, or related field and/or applied experience in instructional design and development with background in learning and instruction, program development and evaluation.
• Knowledge, special skills and abilities required:
• Knowledge of instructional design theories and methodologies and ability to apply them.
• Knowledge of database sources and large-scale computing and information resource networks.
• Knowledge of and ability to evaluate instructional software, courseware development, and multimedia applications.
• Ability to perform research design using statistical methodology and application resources.
• Knowledge of systems design and technology integration techniques.
• Ability to provide software development and programming support for instructional applications.
• Knowledge of user interface design principles and applications.
• Ability to develop and create multimedia/video productions.
• Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with users to effectively identify and efficiently meet their requirements.
• Ability to design, develop, and implement instructional applications.
• Ability to collaborate and consult with faculty around issues of student learning:
• assessing student needs, learning outcomes, and needs of diverse students
• writing instructional objectives
• designing, developing and evaluating instructional materials and activities
• developing assessment instruments that measure student learning
• implementing research and evaluation methodologie
• Demonstrated interpersonal and problem-solving skills involved in performing the following tasks: making effective oral and written presentations
• troubleshooting instructional and learning problems in a variety of settings
• establishing cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing duties
• working patiently and supportively with individuals with limited technology skills, and effectively developing those skills
• communicating proactively and professionally within a collaborative, cross-functional team of faculty, project managers, and technical talent.
• Ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to apply advanced critical thinking skills in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Commitment to quality, innovation, and customer service principles.
• Demonstrated commitment to the university's goal of inclusiveness with evidence of a history of working effectively with persons of all races, genders, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, and religions. Because we place a high priority on the importance of cultural diversity on this campus, candidates should explain how they have been and could be involved in advancing this campus goal.
• Advanced degree in Education, Instructional Technology or related field.
• Minimum 3 years experience in a higher educational context, providing training, support, and/or curriculum development expertise to faculty and students.
• Knowledge of standard open-source and proprietary software applications used at SF State, including iLearn, CourseStream, ePortfolios, Drupal, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, research databases and other educational productivity and presentation programs.
Must be able to work for extended periods at computer terminals. May be required to move boxes of paper and miscellaneous items weighing up to 45 pounds. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3273199
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.