top of page
Job Title: Instructional Technologist / Designer
Organization: California State University, Northridge
Instructional Technologist / Designer
Job no: 509104
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
About the College
CSUN’s Tseng College: Graduate, International, and Midcareer Education (College) provides advanced professional education to undergraduate, graduate, international and midcareer students. With more than $37.7 million in revenue and close to 28,000 total enrollments in 2020-2021, the College is a leading provider of professional degrees, certificates and custom-designed programs. Known for its premier support services, the College employs an administrative staff of more than 70 full-time employees, leading to high graduation rates – 68-89 percent for most programs in 2019-2020, with some, like the Master of Social Work, achieving 96 percent in 2019-2020.
The College is nationally recognized for providing programs with formats, delivery modes and locations that address the needs and constraints facing working professionals and their organizations. It works closely with businesses, communities, agencies and international partners to design and deliver programs that meet unique organizational needs and goals.
To learn more about CSUN Tseng College: https://tsengcollege.csun.edu/aboutus/whycsun
Under general supervision, the Instructional Technologist / Designer (ITD) ensures the educational effectiveness of CSUN’s self-support programs that are offered fully online or in the hybrid format. The incumbent ensures that instructional strategies that are employed are relevant to advanced professionals, and that technical support services are at the top level of excellence and distinction regionally, nationally, and internationally.
• Ensures educational effectiveness, innovative program design, effective instructional strategies, successful application of innovative technologies and instructional design principles, and extraordinary student and faculty support services.
• Assists and guides faculty to implement integration strategies determined / agreed upon during convening and integration meetings when working with faculty one-on-one.
• Advises faculty and guides them with appropriate tools, media, and teaching strategies to accomplish course goals, objectives and outcomes, assisting with the identification, selection and application of appropriate assessment tools and strategies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3qdT6az
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in Instructional design, Curriculum design, Learning sciences, Educational psychology or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis.
• Three years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience that includes knowledge of relevant hardware, software, maintenance, and user support.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• General working knowledge of the context and current practice in distance learning/online learning, nationally and internationally, is key; the willingness to learn new distance learning/online learning strategies and practices, as well as continue to develop professionally as the field evolves is essential.
• Ability and specialized skills to: recognize technology problems and offer reasonable solutions; solve common problems or problems which have precedent solutions.
• Ability to organize projects and work within timeframes and deadlines; effectively present ideas, explain problems, and recommend solutions orally and in writing; actively participate as a team member by meeting assigned deadlines, listening to ideas of others, and acting on expressed needs; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively write/develop letters, reports, presentations, summaries, design specifications, technical documentation, and technical support related explanations and responses for a variety of audiences.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 0420 / Information Technology Consultant
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4372 -$,6334 dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4372 -$ 10,792per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through March 4, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Feb 21, 2022 (8:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply: https://apptrkr.com/3290448
bottom of page