Job Title: Design Support Coordinator – FIU Online (527245)
Organization: Florida International University
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
Design Support Coordinator – FIU Online (527245)
The Design Support Coordinator oversees the Course Development and Support (CDS) queue and manages assigned student and full-time staff.
- Manages distribution of CDS queue design support cases.
- Supervises full-time and student staff assigned to the CDS team, including timesheet management, timesheet approvals, and scheduling coordination to ensure sufficient support to the learning design team.
- Facilitates assignments of faculty-created cases for course accessibility support.
- Serves as liaison between CDS staff and learning design team to ensure timeliness in completion of requested tasks. May reassign cases to other staff members as needed to expedite resolution.
- Regularly evaluates current processes and workflows to ensure efficiency.
- Stays current in course development, accessibility, and LMS conventions to adequately support CDS staff in assigned tasks. May complete tasks to further support staff during high-volume periods as needed.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with learning design team management and may adjust staff practices to align with shifting business needs.
- Facilitates onboarding and/or training of design support tasks.
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of appropriate experience, or Master's degree and one (1) year of appropriate experience.
- Knowledge of Canvas Learning Management System
- Prior experience working with subject matter experts or faculty members to develop curriculum and design distance learning courses.
- Ability to learn and utilize new software.
- Knowledge of principles of visual design.
- Knowledge of media design and educational technology.
$46,000 - $50,000
- Begin time: 9:00 AM
- End time: 5:30 PM
Criminal Background Check
How to Apply
For further information or to apply, please visit http://careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 527245
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.