top of page
Job Title: Course Quality Consultant – FIU Online - 528034
Organization: Florida International University
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
Course Quality Consultant – FIU Online - 528034
The Course Quality Consultant is responsible for managing and coordinating the online course quality review processes including administering the components of FIU Online Panther High Quality review process and review cycle, and Quality Matters evaluation course design evaluation process.
- Conducts routine course audits to ensure courses supported by FIU Online meet the quality program standards and are designed for accessibility.
- Coordinates all aspects of internal quality audit, from audit planning, implementation, feedback and re-audit as required. Prepares and presents quality audit reports.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with Instructional designers and faculty, serving as a key source of information on best practices for quality assurance, FIU Online initiatives, and advancing excellence in online design and accessibility.
- Works closely with Instructional Designers and/or faculty to offer recommendations for improved course design and delivery.
- Maintains accurate quality assurance records and procedures.
- Assists with the coordination of the day-to-day operations of the Quality Assurance team, including responding to routine inquiries and requests, processing payments, looking for external reviewers, and updating the quality matters case queue.
- Coordinates quality assurance trainings (QM registration, tracking, material distribution, etc.). Facilitates training for stakeholders on quality assurance best practices and theory, accessibility, and development processes.
- Ensures courses are in compliance with Quality Matters standards, accessibility, as well as internal course policies.
- Serves as a Quality Matters standards expert and aids in the coordination of the external reviewer profiles (Person of interest forms, vendor's credentials, and troubleshooting).
- Proactively identifies risks / opportunities and drives responsive strategies for continuous improvement of online and hybrid courses. Proposes and initiates recommendations for improvements to the audit cycle, as well as other Quality Assurance projects.
- Creates performance support materials (job aids, instructor tips, etc.) for instructional designers and faculty.
Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years of appropriate experience, or Master’s degree and four (4) years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of LMS systems, HTML and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with analyzing and evaluating efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with laws, regulations and established policies and procedures.
$60,000 - $70,000
Begin time: 9:00 AM
End time: 5:30 PM
Criminal Background Check
Ability to work flexible hours as needed
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 528034
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
bottom of page