top of page
Job Title: Instructional Designer Associate
Organization: Arizona State University
Instructional Designer Associate
Close Date: 03-February-2023
Salary Range: $42,000 - $60,000 per year; DOE
EdPlus at ASU is currently seeking a highly motivated Instructional Designer Associate to join our high-performing team. This position supports the core service of our group providing instructional design support and services to instructional designers and faculty in the design and development of online courses and course materials. Instructional Designer Associates use multiple learning management systems and other instructional technologies to apply best practices in online teaching and learning. This role is considered an introductory position into the instructional design profession at EdPlus and how we approach instructional design.
This opportunity might be perfect for you if you are ready to learn how we do instructional design at ASU Online. Be ready to learn from a diverse group of Instructional Designers about creating engaging and accessible learning experiences for diverse learners, and how to best work with faculty and other subject matter experts to design high quality and inclusive online courses.
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural, and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU. http://edplus.asu.edu
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click http://cfo.asu.edu/benefits to explore options.
• Financial Security
• Family Resources
• Tuition Reduction (Eligible ASU Employee, their dependents and spouse.)
EdPlus Instructional Design
• Assists team members and faculty in the design and development of engaging, interactive and instructionally sound online course materials.
• Recommends effective and creative uses of technology to enhance instruction.
• Researches and produces clear documentation and other instructional materials (websites, multimedia and online tutorials) to support faculty learning.
• Keeps team members and faculty informed about instructional-technology events and resources. Facilitates communication about use of technology in the curriculum.
• Remains current on and evaluates emerging technologies that have potential value for teaching and learning through team communication, presentations, training sessions, conferences and publications.
• Uses applications such as desktop content authoring tools, document creation applications and presentation tools to develop custom products to meet user needs.
• Collaborates with Instructional Designers, Academic Technologists, Project Managers, and others to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of course design and development models and processes.
• Provides troubleshooting and other technology support for online teaching and learning products used by faculty, students, and staff.
• Assumes or coordinates other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Education or a related field. One (1) year of experience providing educational technology development services, or formal or informal education. Or, any equivalent combination of experience or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design and of online pedagogical approaches, practices, and tools.
• Experience in using a variety of industry-leading technologies and products for development of course content, presentations, web pages, web applications and tutorials.
• Experience in using learning management systems.
• Experience in troubleshooting computer and web technology issues.
• Experience in managing multiple projects.
• Evidence of effective communication skills.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Evidence of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education, and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
EdPlus at ASU supports flexible work options, ranging from alternate work schedules to hybrid remote work schedules, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability. EdPlus employees are valued, respected, and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in everything we do. We know that our ability to deliver high-quality services and educational experiences is strengthened by the diversity of our employees. Our innovative culture drives outcomes through serving learners, achieving milestones, striving for excellence, solving problems, feeling a sense of urgency, and being bold.EdPlus at ASU
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
How to Apply
To view the full description and to apply, please click this link: https://apptrkr.com/3828762
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
bottom of page