top of page
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Organization: North Central State College
North Central State College seeks a full-time Instructional Designer. The position reports to the Dean of Academic Services.
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Academic Instructional Design and Development
• Works collaboratively with faculty and colleagues on the application of instructional technologies, learning and cognition theories, and universal design principles when developing online, hybrid and face-to-face courses. Analyze instructional needs, provide expertise and assistance with innovative strategies to meet those needs and supports courseware development.
• Provides direct support for faculty in the use of the learning management system and other academic related hardware and software in classrooms and labs.
• Provides technical support for all online learning management system instructional initiatives to improve learning outcomes, facilitate technology-rich teaching and advance curricular innovation.
• Analyze and applies trends in learning technologies and instructional design. Provides guidance to faculty in exploring and developing new instructional programs and in the revision of existing curriculum/programs.
• Apply project management strategies that concurrently lead multiple projects at differing stages of course design and development. Ensures compliance with national, state, district, and team standards for quality, evaluation, alignment, ADA and legal propriety.
• Conducts formal training with faculty to learn basic to advanced capabilities of the learning management system, course design and development and any required educational technology adopted by the College. Training sessions can be conducted in a variety of formats: one-to-one, small or large group, in-person, virtual or asynchronously.
• Oversees the course development process by ensuring appropriate application of Quality Matters and ACUE techniques and rubrics to ensure the highest level of course quality, student experience and engagement.
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions; and effectively presents information, as needed.
• Serve on college task forces, committees and councils as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
System Administration & Technology Support
• Serves as Administrator or Co-Administrator for information systems controlled by the Academic Services department. Systems include but are not limited to the learning management system, video conferencing, similarity (plagiarism) detection, and curriculum management.
• Works collaboratively with Academic Services Support Team and IT Department to ensure system availability and smooth operation of all system interfaces between the learning management system and other college enterprise systems (i.e. student management system, course scheduling system, curriculum management system).
• Assists with the reporting of system statistics for the learning management system and related technology tools.
• Evaluates relevant emerging technologies that have potential value for teaching and learning. This includes researching the use of educational technology at other institutions.
• Develop and/or maintains proper documentation for academic systems.
• Master’s degree in Instructional or Educational Technology, Education or related field from an accredited college or university
• Experience with computerized systems including learning management systems and related learning technology solutions
• Post-secondary teaching experience preferred
• Experience with Course Quality Assurance (i.e. Quality Matters) preferred
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and resume to: https://apptrkr.com/3839058, Click on Jobs then firstname.lastname@example.org
or send to:
NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
Resumes will be reviewed beginning 2/13/23 and until filled
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.
bottom of page