top of page
Job Title: Instructional Technologist, ITRC (1083)
Organization: Idaho State University
Instructional Technologist, ITRC (1083)
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
The Instructional Technology Resource Center (ITRC), Instructional Technologist supports ISU faculty and staff with the design, development, and production of instructional materials, and provides technical support and training on the University's Learning Management System (Moodle ISU) and other instructional technology. Key responsibilities include:
• Research and integrate various educational technologies to improve the design and delivery of online course content and multimedia materials or other technology applications that will enhance and improve student learning
• Maintain knowledge about using/applying the University's Learning Management System (Moodle ISU) as well as other related programs (Proctoring, Plagiarism, and web conferencing) and languages
• Perform needs assessment with faculty to identify improvements for curriculum resources, learning objectives, delivery techniques or learning activities
• Promote positive morale and teamwork with the ITRC staff and provide exceptional customer service to students, faculty and staff
• Perform duties and responsibilities within a high-tech digital environment
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in education or related field
• Experience supporting stakeholders with educational technologies
• Knowledge using/applying a Learning Management System as well as other related instructional technology programs
• Experience with post-production tasks including video and audio editing, effects, branding and file compression
• Ability to research and implement appropriate new technologies
• Strong organization, communication, and computer technology skills
• Teaching or training experience in higher education
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with educational technology programs and basic programming languages used in both traditional and online educational settings
• Master's Degree or advanced degree in education, instructional technology, mass communications or related technology field
• Experience applying the Quality Matters' Higher Education Rubric or other quality assurance standards (OLC Quality Scorecard, Quality Online Course Initiative Rubric) in course design
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Moodle Learning Management System
• Working knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices
You must submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to July 30,2023. Salary will be between $46,050 and $47,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Posting Number: req1967
Type: Working 12 months per year
Position: Non-classified Staff
Division: Educational Technology Services
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4348055
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
bottom of page